Just as the last film is entering the meat of post-production, I stand up like Rocky at the end of Rocky V and face my protege – I didn’t hear no bell… That, or I’m just a glutton for punishment. Every time I do a film I swear it’s my last, and every time an opportunity comes up I jump for it – that’s why I’ve entered a team in Cincinnati’s 48 Hour Film Project (powered by VIAI LLC, my “don’t sue me guys!” front).
Starting on Friday, May 29th and going until Sunday, May 31st, a scrappy team of E-Media grads and movie enthusiasts will group up and start yelling at each other to figure out how to produce a 4 to 7 minute short film with the following restrictions:
- The genre will be a random draw during the kickoff event
- The film must include a character and a prop that the Festival establishes beforehand
- During the film, we must feature a line of dialogue given to us by the Festival on the spot
That’s right – no pre-planning, no pre-production, just straight up talent from start to finish.
Join Team VIAI!
That said, I need help! This is an open call for the following:
- Video Editors – should be experienced with the Adobe editing suite! Our workflow will be cross-platform and include:
- Prelude (potential, for logging purposes), Audition (for audio editing), Premiere (for video editing), After Effects (SFX), Media Encoder (for… well, Encoding).
- Audio Experts – For the love of god, we need audio experts! Recording and mixing – if you know it, show it.
- Musicians – Like to score movies? Here’s your shot!
- Crew Members – Production Assistants, Lighting Techs, Electricians, and producers needed. SUPER IMPORTANT! We need organizers desperately – if you have a knack for OCD then this is your dream job.
- Actors – Naturally, we’ll need on screen talent! If you’ve acted with me before that’s an obvious plus, but if not, then now’s a good time to start.
If any of these positions appeal to you, then contact me ASAP.
Don’t want to participate, but want to keep up-to-date? Sign up for my newsletter below to receive (weekly, non-spammy) updates.
Have any questions or comments about this article, or ways you think it can be improved?
Join the conversation in the comments below, or sign up for my newsletter to recieve periodic updates!